Comparing Retail Traffic Counters; Shoppertrak Versus TraxSales
2017 has begun and for retailers around the world it means looking into new technology to ensure business growth and profitability both this year and for years to come. One of the technologies most looked into are retail traffic counters or people counters. As a smart business owner most of you will look into what is available on the market and see what best fits their business both in terms of type of technology and price.
Today we are going to compare the retail traffic counters offered by Shoppertrak and TraxSales.
All of the below is data collected by reviewing both companies, it can vary a little for larger companies for both products,
Shoppertrak Retail Traffic Counter Technology
- Uses dual-lens stereoscopic video-based technology which does not give a clear image of the clients (image captured is out of focus and pixelated), no direct access to the video feed but they will share with you periodically
- 5 Year Warranty on Units
- Fees are associated with moving the unit from one location to another, not including install costs
- Cost of units with install is around $995 per unit installed, extra costs apply for out of the ordinary installs including hard ceilings, etc
- Has the ability to connect through 3G wireless but extra charges apply
- Cost of Maintenance, Cloud Reporting, 5 Year Warranty, Technical Support – Approximately $100 a month that starts right away after install
- Total cost for first year with monthly recurring costs – $2,195, Each Additional Year $1,200 – Over a 5 year period Total Cost Would be $6,995
- Offers Market insight to compare other retailers traffic in your sector during specified times
- Requires a 3 year contract for this pricing
TraxSales Retail Traffic Counter Technology
- Uses high definition digital camera technology with clear HD photos of the people entering your location, you have complete access to these photos and can delete non-customers
- Lifetime Warranty on Units
- No Fees on moving a unit from one location to another other than the cost of install
- Cost of units with install is around $1,495 per unit installed, extra costs apply for out of the ordinary installs including hard ceilings, etc
- Wireless or wired installation is the same cost
- Cost of Maintenance, Cloud Reporting, lifetime Warranty, Technical Support – Approximately $19 a month that starts after a year
- Total cost for first year with monthly recurring costs – $1,495, Each Additional Year $228 – Over a 5 year period Total Cost Would be $2,407
This is just a quick review of these two systems. Shoppertrak has built themselves quite the empire through their connections with Tyco and other large companies, but when it comes to accuracy and price, Trax offers a comparable product and a less expensive price.
To put this in perspective let’s compare prices for a 10 store company, if you have more or less than 10 you can see how the numbers add up very quickly.
|10 Stores||Year 1||Year 5||Year 10|
If you had data that was almost identical with the ability to see the customers coming into your locations, is it worth spending an extra $94,480….I think for most people the answer is no. There are 100s of other things that this money could be spent on marketing, advertising, employees, what could you use it for?
Take 10 minutes to walk through a TraxSales demo and decide for yourself if the extra money is truly worth it.